Friday, March 30, 2012

Olap and reporting service problem

Hi.
This is an OLAP question.
I have a dimension which is a father-son dimension.
I built the cube in analysis server.
In the analysis browser I can see the dimension fine,
I hant my reporting services report to show that dimension.
The problem is that the report won't show me that dimension in
hierarchy tree (even if I check drill down) but flatten it down.
Does some one know if report service can handle those kind of reports?
Thanks.Hi Nick,
I am having the same problem. Have you managed to get an answer? Would love
to know how to solve this.
Anusha
"nicknack" wrote:
> Hi.
> This is an OLAP question.
> I have a dimension which is a father-son dimension.
> I built the cube in analysis server.
> In the analysis browser I can see the dimension fine,
> I hant my reporting services report to show that dimension.
> The problem is that the report won't show me that dimension in
> hierarchy tree (even if I check drill down) but flatten it down.
> Does some one know if report service can handle those kind of reports?
>
> Thanks.
>|||Hi Anusha,
I did managed to get an answer.
You can't do this!
RS is not really an OLAP tool and it doesn't know how to deal with
parent-child dimension and thats why it flatten down the dimension.
Currently, I saw that there isn't any simple way to solve this.
Sorry...
Anusha =D7=9B=D7=AA=D7=91:
> Hi Nick,
> I am having the same problem. Have you managed to get an answer? Would lo=ve
> to know how to solve this.
> Anusha
> "nicknack" wrote:
> > Hi.
> > This is an OLAP question.
> >
> > I have a dimension which is a father-son dimension.
> > I built the cube in analysis server.
> > In the analysis browser I can see the dimension fine,
> >
> > I hant my reporting services report to show that dimension.
> > The problem is that the report won't show me that dimension in
> > hierarchy tree (even if I check drill down) but flatten it down.
> >
> > Does some one know if report service can handle those kind of reports?
> >
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >|||Thanks, At least I can stop pulling my hair out!!!
Anusha
"nicknack" wrote:
> Hi Anusha,
> I did managed to get an answer.
> You can't do this!
> RS is not really an OLAP tool and it doesn't know how to deal with
> parent-child dimension and thats why it flatten down the dimension.
>
> Currently, I saw that there isn't any simple way to solve this.
> Sorry...
> Anusha ×?ת×?:
> > Hi Nick,
> >
> > I am having the same problem. Have you managed to get an answer? Would love
> > to know how to solve this.
> >
> > Anusha
> >
> > "nicknack" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi.
> > > This is an OLAP question.
> > >
> > > I have a dimension which is a father-son dimension.
> > > I built the cube in analysis server.
> > > In the analysis browser I can see the dimension fine,
> > >
> > > I hant my reporting services report to show that dimension.
> > > The problem is that the report won't show me that dimension in
> > > hierarchy tree (even if I check drill down) but flatten it down.
> > >
> > > Does some one know if report service can handle those kind of reports?
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > >
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment