Monday, March 26, 2012

Offtopic: "query analyzer" for odbc datasources

I usually do sql-server programming but sometimes I also need to test and query ODBC-datasources with SQL such as Access or Progress databases. I usually do this using active server pages which I find rather obscure, and I would prefer to have a nice little program sort of like query analyzer, where I can specify the connection-string and write my SQL in there somewhere. Does anyone know of such a program?To test and query ODBC-datasources in the manner described one may use Microsoft Query MSQRY32.exe, Sql Plus, Sql *, or a variety of similar tools from packages like ER Studio, ERWin, etc.|||I posted this message in a usenet group aswell and someone came up with a neet little _free_ program that was exactly what I was looking for with alot of nice features...

-> http://www.indus-soft.com/winsql/sql

No comments:

Post a Comment