Wednesday, March 28, 2012

OK button not working...

I am trying to get MSSQL Reporting Services working. I have used it before, but now I have the opportunity to get the software entrenched in my organization. I installed the app and it opens up, but when I try to create a new folder the software will not allow the OK choice. I can cancel, but I need to choose OK.

I have installed the app, SP2, and a hotfix that is on the website. Help....What happens when you try to click the OK button, or is it disabled?|||Thanks. The button presses, but doesn't "click". There aren't any tool tips when I mouse over or hover, and the page doesn't change.|||I have tried to reinstall the Reoporting Services app on the server, but after the install was completed, the functions are the same. I cannot use the web page GUI to do anything. I can deploy reports and data connections via Visual Studio, though. I need the web GUI to work too. HELP!|||This sounds like some sort of network issue. Can you access it while logged in on the server? Does http://localhost/reports work? Do you have any special security set in the browser? Does it work from other machines?
Brian Welcker
Group Program Manager
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||I am having the same "Ok button" issue. Was this ever resolved?|||I just solved this problem.

For some reason, my aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322 directory was missing. In that directory is WebUIValidation.js, a file required by Reporting Services for validation.

To fix it, I just copied the folder from my local IIS installation and now it works perfectly.|||hmm... it could just be the browser you are using. the first time i used reporting services (without reading the requirements specs - who wants to waste time on that kinda ***? Wink) i was working on mozilla and most of the functionality got disabled. the safest browser to use with reporting services is ie.|||osubvr

Did you reinstall .net framework or copy file? Has anyone else had this issue?|||

I have the same issue. Nothing seems to work:

the file is there

reinstalling .Net doesn't bring any good news either.

I even put the physical name in machine.conf in the root of .Net and still nothing

Please Help!

|||I reinstalled .net framework and now the buttons are working again.....weird|||

I deleted even the aspnet_client directory and then simply used aspnet_regiis -i. No error messages. the aspnet_client directory was copied back to inetpub\wwwroot\ but my SQLReportingServices still not working (web interface) ..always asking for his WebUiValidation.js. I'm exasperated.

I have an SBS Premium...I don't know if this makes any change to a normal Server 2003.

|||Miracle..but it works now. The mysteries of computer science...|||

I only have the D:\InetPub\WWWRoot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727 folder...it does not include any files...should it? I just installed this on a fresh server...

BTW, the other issue is that reports have "X" for the controls...assume its tied to the same issue...

|||

I've run aspnet_regiss -i (and -c) , I still get the same error. The complication might be that the default website points to d:/websites/wwwroot instead of c:/inetpub.

Is there any way to get it to work?

Regards Bert

No comments:

Post a Comment