Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ok, now here's an easy one...

Programic render of a report to PDF, how to remove my html, and or render to a
pdf w/out my param controls?
Can I call a NewWindow? or what should I do?
I've overcome how to pass a .Net dataset to a SSRS report, smoke & mirrors, it
is a kluge but I've got it working.
It wasn't much code just'a diff'rent way o'do'in it...
Anyway, my pain.
On my web page when I call w/rs.render my report to html I get my report at top
of the page and my one paramerter textbox and cmd button, no problem.
However, when I render to PDF, .Net Dev opens and I get trash back.
When I save to disk I get trash, but if I rename and edit in Notepad, strip out
everything after the EOF, basically all the html, I get a viable PDF.Ok, I found the Example Sample FindSavePrint....
I just thought that it'd be simpler....
I streamed it....
TIA
JeffP....
"JDP@.Work" <JPGMTNoSpam@.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:uZdyHO4bEHA.252@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Programic render of a report to PDF, how to remove my html, and or render to a
> pdf w/out my param controls?
> Can I call a NewWindow? or what should I do?
> I've overcome how to pass a .Net dataset to a SSRS report, smoke & mirrors, it
> is a kluge but I've got it working.
> It wasn't much code just'a diff'rent way o'do'in it...
> Anyway, my pain.
> On my web page when I call w/rs.render my report to html I get my report at
top
> of the page and my one paramerter textbox and cmd button, no problem.
> However, when I render to PDF, .Net Dev opens and I get trash back.
> When I save to disk I get trash, but if I rename and edit in Notepad, strip
out
> everything after the EOF, basically all the html, I get a viable PDF.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment