Friday, March 30, 2012

OLAP Administrators group in Analysis server

I'm trying to register server in my Analysis Manager. Help says that you should be a member of OLAP Administrators group . Plz tell me where is this group and how can I add members in this group.
Thanks a lot
SandyYou will find this group on the computer with analysis server running on, you can view members and edit the group via windows - administrative tools- computer management-users and user groups|||thanks a lot friend...I was about to lose my hopes...Thanks a lot...I have already done the same.|||Hi There...I did whatever you said...but when I try to register server I'm getting this new error...
"error: '\\server_name\MSOLAPRepository$\msmdrep.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides."

Could you plz tell me what can be the problem and what could be the solution for the same.
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Sandy|||I have never come across this problem, so this is only guess, the problem could be that when you are registering a remote server, you don't have a permission to access msmdrep repository file which is by default located in Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\Bin directory on the server computer, I would try to check whether the file exists and whether you have a permission to access it|||I have put myslef in the OLAP Admin group along with "Everyone", "Administrators" and I still get the following error message: Unable to connect to the registry on the server
(server name) or you are not a memeber of the OLAP
administrators on this server."
I am running this on my local machine and am not trying to connect with another server. I am running sql server 2000. Any ideas?

Landon|||Sandy - I think I came across that problem and it's what mojza is saying. Are you trying to get to the Analysis Manager remotely? If so, try logging into the machine where AM is running.

prdbrat - Your problem sounds like the registry for AS was migrated to SQL Server. If so, make sure you are able to access the OLAP Registry on the SQL Server. I think I had to add my ID to our SQL server before this error went away.|||I know! I know! I had the same problem. Go to your registry under olap server --> delete the remoterepositoryconnectionstring which is a regz_binary.

Than try your analysis manager again to register. It worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment