Friday, March 30, 2012

Ok.. Step 2 of my clustering

I managed to successfully install the Windows clustering service on Node 1
of my active\passive setup environement on win2003.
The only thing i had done on Node 2 was install the OS and did not configure
the shared disks on the shared array...
I now powered Node 2 and wanted to go to disk management to configure those
shared disks. What am I supposed to see ? Would they be inaccessible because
Node 1 has the cluster service installed and owns this disk resource...or
should I be able to access them and configure them the same way as Node 1
with the same drive letters,etc.. and then join that node to the cluster..
Thanks
If MSCS is installed and the cluster service is running on Node 1, the disks
should be inaccessible on Node 2.
Regards,
John
"Hassan" <fatima_ja@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e3MBpg4EEHA.1240@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I managed to successfully install the Windows clustering service on Node 1
> of my active\passive setup environement on win2003.
> The only thing i had done on Node 2 was install the OS and did not
configure
> the shared disks on the shared array...
> I now powered Node 2 and wanted to go to disk management to configure
those
> shared disks. What am I supposed to see ? Would they be inaccessible
because
> Node 1 has the cluster service installed and owns this disk resource...or
> should I be able to access them and configure them the same way as Node 1
> with the same drive letters,etc.. and then join that node to the cluster..
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment