Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ok button not responding

I installed the developer version of reporting services
and I am having problems getting things entered in the
admin screens. When I go to the "New Data Source"
screen, the OK button does nothing. I have no script
errors on the page, and have other .net applications
running on the web server. I also have problems when
trying to update roles/security. I get an error when
click the ok button telling me that I need to select at
least 1 role even though I have them selected.I ran this command and all my .net pages stopped
responding. I had to uninstall .net and reinstall, and
then uninstall RS and reinstall and I still have the same
problem.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dan J
>--Original Message--
>Dan
>I also encountered this problem.
>Sometimes during the install the IIS registration fails.
If you run the
>following at the command line this resolves the problem.
>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
>This should fix your problem
>Cheers
>
>"Dan J" wrote:
>> I installed the developer version of reporting
services
>> and I am having problems getting things entered in the
>> admin screens. When I go to the "New Data Source"
>> screen, the OK button does nothing. I have no script
>> errors on the page, and have other .net applications
>> running on the web server. I also have problems when
>> trying to update roles/security. I get an error when
>> click the ok button telling me that I need to select
at
>> least 1 role even though I have them selected.
>>
>.
>|||Dan,
I ran into something like this before. Reporting services installs to your
default website. When things get moved around (like I tried to do), your root
website can be missing the aspnet_client folder (usually found in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot). Just copy this folder over to the root of your website.
That folder contains some java scripts that contain some generic code which
is required for RS to execute the commands in the manager.
- Matt
"Dan J" wrote:
> I ran this command and all my .net pages stopped
> responding. I had to uninstall .net and reinstall, and
> then uninstall RS and reinstall and I still have the same
> problem.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Dan J
> >--Original Message--
> >Dan
> >
> >I also encountered this problem.
> >
> >Sometimes during the install the IIS registration fails.
> If you run the
> >following at the command line this resolves the problem.
> >
> >C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
> \aspnet_regiis.exe -i
> >
> >This should fix your problem
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >
> >"Dan J" wrote:
> >
> >> I installed the developer version of reporting
> services
> >> and I am having problems getting things entered in the
> >> admin screens. When I go to the "New Data Source"
> >> screen, the OK button does nothing. I have no script
> >> errors on the page, and have other .net applications
> >> running on the web server. I also have problems when
> >> trying to update roles/security. I get an error when
> >> click the ok button telling me that I need to select
> at
> >> least 1 role even though I have them selected.
> >>
> >>
> >.
> >
>|||I havent moved any websites on my server. I tried
copying the aspnet_client to the root of both of the RS
virtual directories (out of frustration) but still no
luck. I assume it is an asp problem, just not sure what
it needs. I havent done anything "wierd" with the server
or any of the installs.
Please help!!!
Dan
>--Original Message--
>Dan,
>I ran into something like this before. Reporting
services installs to your
>default website. When things get moved around (like I
tried to do), your root
>website can be missing the aspnet_client folder (usually
found in
>c:\inetpub\wwwroot). Just copy this folder over to the
root of your website.
>That folder contains some java scripts that contain some
generic code which
>is required for RS to execute the commands in the
manager.
>- Matt
>"Dan J" wrote:
>> I ran this command and all my .net pages stopped
>> responding. I had to uninstall .net and reinstall,
and
>> then uninstall RS and reinstall and I still have the
same
>> problem.
>> Any suggestions?
>> Thanks,
>> Dan J
>> >--Original Message--
>> >Dan
>> >
>> >I also encountered this problem.
>> >
>> >Sometimes during the install the IIS registration
fails.
>> If you run the
>> >following at the command line this resolves the
problem.
>> >
>> >C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
>> \aspnet_regiis.exe -i
>> >
>> >This should fix your problem
>> >
>> >Cheers
>> >
>> >
>> >"Dan J" wrote:
>> >
>> >> I installed the developer version of reporting
>> services
>> >> and I am having problems getting things entered in
the
>> >> admin screens. When I go to the "New Data Source"
>> >> screen, the OK button does nothing. I have no
script
>> >> errors on the page, and have other .net
applications
>> >> running on the web server. I also have problems
when
>> >> trying to update roles/security. I get an error
when
>> >> click the ok button telling me that I need to
select
>> at
>> >> least 1 role even though I have them selected.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >.
>> >
>.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment