Friday, March 30, 2012

OLAP AS Connection Weirdness

I have a stand alone win2k3 report server(i.e. SQL is not on the box).
RS SP1 is installed
I have a SQLRS report developed in visual studio (also loaded on RS
box) that runs MDX against an analysis services cube. I am using the
OLE DB provider for OLAP services 8.0. (Note that we had to run
ptsfull.exe to get the pivot table service and 8.0 provider to be
available)
I can successfully preview the report in visual studio.
When I upload the report to Report Manger, the report bombs with...
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Get Online Help
Cannot create a connection to data source 'AAHP'.
(rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
Database '<source name>' does not exist.
Am I missing something on the report server?
Thanks!Jim wrote:
> When I upload the report to Report Manger, the report bombs with...
> An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> Get Online Help
> Cannot create a connection to data source 'AAHP'.
> (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
> Database '<source name>' does not exist.
> Am I missing something on the report server?
The report bombs while uploading?
Do you tried to open the AS-DB in the analysis-manager on the reportserver?
regards
Frank|||Sorry, no. The report bombs when I try to run it via report manager. I
can open the AS-DB and cube in Analysis Manger (which is Not on the
report server). I have a role setup that should allow the stored
credentials to successfully authenticate.|||Jim wrote:
> Sorry, no. The report bombs when I try to run it via report manager. I
> can open the AS-DB and cube in Analysis Manger (which is Not on the
> report server). I have a role setup that should allow the stored
> credentials to successfully authenticate.
Jim,
lets have a look into the eventlog of the server where the analysis cube
resides.
Source MSSQLSERVEROLAPSERVER.
If there errors with something like "NT-Authority/Anonymous" your
security-settings on the report-server are not valid (especially the
settings in internet service manager)
If there aren't any errors it become more difficult...Do you run ptsfull on
reportserver either?
regards
Frank|||Thanks for your replies.
No errors unfortunately.
I ran ptsfull on the reportserver.
As I mentioned I can connect to the AS server via Visual Studio. As
soon as I deploy the report (using a stored connection or shared
connection) to report manager it won't run. I'm running MDAC 2.8 on the
report server.|||Jim wrote:
> As I mentioned I can connect to the AS server via Visual Studio.
Yes..i know. You can connect to the AS from YOUR workstation and your
reportserver can't as you wrote.
The problem should be between reportserver and AS-server but wich problem? I
dont know!
regards
frank|||Just to clarify...
Visual Studio - where I am developing the reports - is on the report
server.|||Jim,
I am having same problems and was wondering if you found solution of this
one. Thanks.
"Jim" wrote:
> Just to clarify...
> Visual Studio - where I am developing the reports - is on the report
> server.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment