Friday, March 30, 2012

OLAP calculated membres and Report Model/Builder

My question is related to Report Builder but my data model is build using OLAP database so I am posting my question in OLAP group in case this issues is related to OALP side.

I have OLAP database. There are 5 cubes and one linked cube. My one linked cube has mapped all 5 cubes (like virtual cube in AS 2000) I am using AS 2005.

In my linked cube I have calculated members. I created a Report model using my olap database in reporting services.

In report builder I am not able to see my calculated members when I select linked cube. Is there any thing I am missing?

Thanks for help - Ashok

I think this may be related to whether the calculations are associated with a measure group. The Report Model only seems to list measures that are associated with a measure group. Try going into the calculations tab for your cube clicking on the calculation properties button (looks like a little window with a yellow hand over it) as associating your calculations with a measure group. Unfortunately I think you will need to delete and re-generation your report model.

No comments:

Post a Comment