Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ok this is really irksome

Ok so I rebuilt the replication. Using all of the default options
except snapshot location. It worked fine. The 1st time I added a
table, it worked fine.
The 2nd time I added a table it repeated what happened above --
couldn't find the SPs. I tried adding them manually but it only
created the 1st part of the INSERT sp and not the 2nd (:2).
How did you create the insert procs? If you used
sp_scriptpublicationcustomprocs make sure your results pane width is 8192 to
get the entire proc.
Another option is to use SQL statements instead of procs to apply the
transactions. Right click on your publication, select properties, click the
articles tab, click the commands tab, type SQL for insert, update, and
delete, and then regenerate and redistribute your snapshot.
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy
RelevantNOISE.Com - Dedicated to mining blogs for business intelligence.
This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Jason Wilson" <wilsonj@.ausrad.com> wrote in message
news:1159290324.749311.322320@.e3g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
> Ok so I rebuilt the replication. Using all of the default options
> except snapshot location. It worked fine. The 1st time I added a
> table, it worked fine.
> The 2nd time I added a table it repeated what happened above --
> couldn't find the SPs. I tried adding them manually but it only
> created the 1st part of the INSERT sp and not the 2nd (:2).
>

No comments:

Post a Comment