Saturday, February 25, 2012

ODBC Setup

I have downloaded MS SQL Server for Desktop to upsize my
access database to SQL Server database.
The upsizing is successful and when I setup the DSN
connection. It gives the following error :
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login
failed for user 'TIMESWEB\IUSR_TIMESWEB'.
I remember the password. But the username is not
recognised by the SQL Server. Can you please let me know
how I can change the Username & password for MS SQL Server
after installing it. I do not know from where I can
change the username & password.
Kindly assist.
Thanks,
Rajesh.VMSDE does not come with the SQL administrator tools (like Enterprise Manager
or Query Analyzer). In order to manage the database, you need to use T-SQL
commands.
The T-SQL commands that should help you are:
If you want to add a SQL login use the following stored procedures:
sp_password:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../>
pz_5x44.asp
sp_addlogin:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d... />
a_0q7i.asp
If you want to use an existing Windows username (ie.
'TIMESWEB\IUSR_TIMESWEB'), then use the following stored procedure to give
the username access to the database:
sp_grantlogin:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d... />
a_0q7i.asp
Brannon Jones
Developer - MDAC
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.
"Rajesh" <timesweb@.omantel.net.om> wrote in message
news:01a401c3c3a9$87064410$a001280a@.phx.gbl...
quote:

> I have downloaded MS SQL Server for Desktop to upsize my
> access database to SQL Server database.
> The upsizing is successful and when I setup the DSN
> connection. It gives the following error :
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login
> failed for user 'TIMESWEB\IUSR_TIMESWEB'.
> I remember the password. But the username is not
> recognised by the SQL Server. Can you please let me know
> how I can change the Username & password for MS SQL Server
> after installing it. I do not know from where I can
> change the username & password.
> Kindly assist.
> Thanks,
> Rajesh.V

No comments:

Post a Comment