Monday, February 20, 2012

ODBC Import of Citadel to SQL 2005

How do you import using integration services or what ever to import from a Citadel database? I have created an ODBC Data Source using National Instruments ODBC driver for Citadel? I have tried using Microsoft Access, but the field names are longer than 62 characters and Access won't "link" to the ODBC Data Source.

The SQL Server Management Studio\Tasks\Import Wizard doesn't appear to have a way to specify an ODBC Data Source.

Try building a new data flow using the DataReader Source component.|||Thanks, I was able to access ODBC through the "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio". Although that starts a new learning curve for me. Plus there seems to be something I don't understand about National Instrument's Citadel ODBC driver--when I query one of the tables only 35 records are returned and there should be several hundred thousand records available and several thousand for the queries date and time range. Not your problem--next step is to contact NI support about their driver, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment