Saturday, February 25, 2012

ODBC Port

Hi, I have just installed a default instance of SQL server 2000 and can
connect ok with Query Analyser. I can connect ok with ODBC via a DSN if I
don't specify the port. However if I specify the port (which is 1433 I've
double checked) in the DSN or a JDBC connection it fails! Can somebody help
me?
Thanks
Adam Sankey
on the sql serve box :
check the programs->sqlserver2000>sql server network utilitity
click tcp and check properties
you should be able to see the port configured, if tcp is enabled
thanks
"Adam Sankey" <AdamSankey@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5F774885-4F36-436F-9AF9-6AA5A4586426@.microsoft.com...
> Hi, I have just installed a default instance of SQL server 2000 and can
> connect ok with Query Analyser. I can connect ok with ODBC via a DSN if I
> don't specify the port. However if I specify the port (which is 1433 I've
> double checked) in the DSN or a JDBC connection it fails! Can somebody
> help
> me?
> Thanks
> Adam Sankey

No comments:

Post a Comment