Monday, February 20, 2012

odbc link failed

Hello,
I have a windows SBS2003 server with msde installed.
I created some odbc datalinks in microsoft acces to one of my sql databases.
The links are ok end i can access the odbc links in microsoft acces on my
server.
Problem :
When i open the access database on my workstation and try to connect to one
of the odbc links, i getr the followin error.
ODBC-connection to 'SQL Server<servername> failed
Microsoft Access can't open the table in Datasheet View
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Hi
Your MSDE instance was probably installed without the network protocols
See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814130 on how to run svrnetcn.exe.
John
"Ponch" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a windows SBS2003 server with msde installed.
> I created some odbc datalinks in microsoft acces to one of my sql databases.
> The links are ok end i can access the odbc links in microsoft acces on my
> server.
> Problem :
> When i open the access database on my workstation and try to connect to one
> of the odbc links, i getr the followin error.
> ODBC-connection to 'SQL Server<servername> failed
> Microsoft Access can't open the table in Datasheet View
> Any suggestions?
> Thank you,
>
>
|||Hello, Thanks for the tip, it solved my problem.
"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4FD2882D-37A0-4EE7-B7A2-1C8BDEF50908@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi
> Your MSDE instance was probably installed without the network protocols
> See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814130 on how to run svrnetcn.exe.
> John
> "Ponch" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment