Saturday, February 25, 2012

ODBC Select Data Source in Crystal reports - continuously prompts

I've created an ODBC entry for crystal reports. When I go to refresh and
run a report, it always prompts me with a select data source and SQL server
is at the bottom of the list under dBase, Excel and MS Access Database. If
I select it, the report runs. How do I have it automatically choose that
source so I don't have to select it each time?
Thank you.You should ask this question in a Crystal support newsgroup or site.
This one is for SQL Server, so your pickings will be slim.
-- Mary
MCW Technologies
http://www.mcwtech.com
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 13:41:50 -0500, "microsoft"
<advice1one@.hotmail.com> wrote:
quote:

>I've created an ODBC entry for crystal reports. When I go to refresh and
>run a report, it always prompts me with a select data source and SQL server
>is at the bottom of the list under dBase, Excel and MS Access Database. If
>I select it, the report runs. How do I have it automatically choose that
>source so I don't have to select it each time?
>Thank you.
>
|||Thank you, I figured it out, I needed to change the ODBC connector to named
pipes.
"Mary Chipman" <mchip@.nomail.please> wrote in message
news:do51vv0gshsu7e2g9mr6bl0i9sinf4bq4t@.
4ax.com...
quote:

> You should ask this question in a Crystal support newsgroup or site.
> This one is for SQL Server, so your pickings will be slim.
> -- Mary
> MCW Technologies
> http://www.mcwtech.com
> On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 13:41:50 -0500, "microsoft"
> <advice1one@.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
server[QUOTE]
If[QUOTE]
>

No comments:

Post a Comment