Monday, February 20, 2012

ODBC from SQL Server 2000 to Word 2003

I have a table of address data which I'd like to put into a mailmerge of
envelopes in Word 2003. When I select the Query which I've already set up,
an error message says "Record 1 contained too few fields".
This problem doesn't happen in Excel 2003, and it didn't happen at all
before we changed the SQL Server in January. I've installed all service
packs for the server and for Office.
I'm not sure whether this is a Word problem or not, so I've posted here and
in the Word group.
TimThat's a word error and related to how word is interpreting
the fields you are using for the mail merge. Years ago, it
could happen with some odd characters in the data -
generally control characters if I remember right.
But it's something more on the word side or how word is
interpreting the data.
-Sue
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:04:25 -0000, "Tim Gowen"
<tim.gowen@.rafmuseum.org> wrote:

>I have a table of address data which I'd like to put into a mailmerge of
>envelopes in Word 2003. When I select the Query which I've already set up,
>an error message says "Record 1 contained too few fields".
>This problem doesn't happen in Excel 2003, and it didn't happen at all
>before we changed the SQL Server in January. I've installed all service
>packs for the server and for Office.
>I'm not sure whether this is a Word problem or not, so I've posted here and
>in the Word group.
>
> Tim
>

No comments:

Post a Comment