Monday, February 20, 2012

ODBC Issue

Am I missing somthing obvious here. I create an ODBC System dataSource
programatically and I can see it in the registry.
However Crystal Reports or ODBC Admin fail to list it. Is there some other
area this info is held?
Chris
If you're sure the key is correct then it should show up.
You may want to check your MDAC installation. You can use
component checker to check MDAC - it's available at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/...s/default.aspx
-Sue
On Tue, 3 May 2005 21:55:39 +1000, "Chris Spencer"
<chris@.myLeftFoot.com.au> wrote:

>Am I missing somthing obvious here. I create an ODBC System dataSource
>programatically and I can see it in the registry.
>However Crystal Reports or ODBC Admin fail to list it. Is there some other
>area this info is held?
>Chris
>
|||Sue
I am unsure why MDAC would be an issue here. Is this something you have
seen?
I am 100% sure the key is ok. If I use regedit all the settings under ODBC
key are there and correct
Chris
"Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@.nomail.please> wrote in message
news:h3hg71p51u9jmk0qilg9bc9dgd4ohra48t@.4ax.com...
> If you're sure the key is correct then it should show up.
> You may want to check your MDAC installation. You can use
> component checker to check MDAC - it's available at:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/...s/default.aspx
> -Sue
> On Tue, 3 May 2005 21:55:39 +1000, "Chris Spencer"
> <chris@.myLeftFoot.com.au> wrote:
>
|||Some of the MDAC files are for the ODBC Data Source
Administrator applet.
-Sue
On Wed, 4 May 2005 15:40:01 +1000, "Chris Spencer"
<chris@.myLeftFoot.com.au> wrote:

>Sue
>I am unsure why MDAC would be an issue here. Is this something you have
>seen?
>I am 100% sure the key is ok. If I use regedit all the settings under ODBC
>key are there and correct
>Chris
>"Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@.nomail.please> wrote in message
>news:h3hg71p51u9jmk0qilg9bc9dgd4ohra48t@.4ax.com.. .
>
|||Ok Will look into this
Thanks
"Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@.nomail.please> wrote in message
news:aggh71hflsunqgp3mvn90r2o8lkc7nbdrn@.4ax.com...
> Some of the MDAC files are for the ODBC Data Source
> Administrator applet.
> -Sue
> On Wed, 4 May 2005 15:40:01 +1000, "Chris Spencer"
> <chris@.myLeftFoot.com.au> wrote:
>
|||Sue
The checker showed all was ok with the installation. So back to square one
Chris
"Chris Spencer" <chris@.myLeftFoot.com.au> wrote in message
news:%23ipjh3OUFHA.3392@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Ok Will look into this
> Thanks
> "Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@.nomail.please> wrote in message
> news:aggh71hflsunqgp3mvn90r2o8lkc7nbdrn@.4ax.com...
>
|||Post the code you are using. The only way I can reproduce it
if I miss something in code in creating the DSNs.
-Sue
On Fri, 6 May 2005 06:34:37 +1000, "Chris Spencer"
<chris@.myLeftFoot.com.au> wrote:

>Sue
>The checker showed all was ok with the installation. So back to square one
>Chris
>"Chris Spencer" <chris@.myLeftFoot.com.au> wrote in message
>news:%23ipjh3OUFHA.3392@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>
|||Sue
I am not using VB but in a 4GL so the code may not be useful. However you
said that the only way you can reproduce it is if you miss something in
code.
However if there is something I am missing the VB code (I assume thats what
you are using) that you are using may be illustrative to me where I am going
wrong.
If not is there a list of what needs to be done as I believe I am doing all
that is required to the registry
Chris Spencer
"Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@.nomail.please> wrote in message
news:v25081t0fmbt88752luib8u7cc3hr3j49u@.4ax.com...
> Post the code you are using. The only way I can reproduce it
> if I miss something in code in creating the DSNs.
> -Sue
> On Fri, 6 May 2005 06:34:37 +1000, "Chris Spencer"
> <chris@.myLeftFoot.com.au> wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment