Saturday, February 25, 2012

odbc problems with Linked server in sql 2005

Hi guys,

I've a Linked server en sql 2000 with oledb provider for odbc drivers (Progress software) to do some queries, and works fine, I m trying to do the same in sql 2005, i set up exactly as i do in sql 2000 but when I try to view the tables: there are nothing the list is missing and obviosly when i try to query, I got errors:

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "test" returned message "[DataDirect-Technologies][ODBC PROGRESS driver]Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed.".

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "test" returned message "[DataDirect-Technologies][ODBC PROGRESS driver][PROGRESS]Access denied(Authorisation failed)".

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "test" returned message "[DataDirect-Technologies][ODBC PROGRESS

ex:

works perfectly in sql 2000, not in 2005

SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY (MY_LINKED_SERVER, 'SELECT * FROM AFN_cotizaseguro_rmt')

some body knows if i have to set up additional stuff in sql 2005?

Hi

This seems to be a discussion on ProgressTalk that refers to your problem:

http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?t=103352

If the connection works in the ODBC administrator Test Connection then they seem to suggest checking the security context setting in the security page of the linked servers settings in SQL Management studio.

I hope this is some use to you.

|||

Thank u Dhericean, you really help me, now I 'm working with my linked servers in sql 2005, it was just a click in the security, awesome !!!

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment