Saturday, February 25, 2012

ODBC MS Access - SQL Server

Although it appears my ODBC connection between my SQL Server tables and MS
Access was successful; I cannot modify any of them through MS Access. I do
have full rights to the SQL Tables and the connection was built appropiatly.
Other users are able to read and write using the same connection settings.
Please help!!
Are these linked tables? it sounds like you are using linked
tables and didn't indicate the unique identifier for the
tables when you linked them.
-Sue
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 06:18:03 -0700, Leo Ruiz <Leo
Ruiz@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Although it appears my ODBC connection between my SQL Server tables and MS
>Access was successful; I cannot modify any of them through MS Access. I do
>have full rights to the SQL Tables and the connection was built appropiatly.
>Other users are able to read and write using the same connection settings.
>Please help!!
|||That certainly did the trick! You rock Sue!
HOWEVER - now that I'm able to update my tables thru Access, the changes I
make do not refresh in SQL Analyser immediatly. As a matter of fact, I can
only see the changes once I close SQL and re-open it.
I've seen this interaction before so I know it can happen. The only
difference is that my peers have their MS Access interface set up as a
project (.adp) file and their tables do not seem to be linked. (Globe icon
next to each table)
You've been a great help! Thanks in advance for your time.
Leo
"Sue Hoegemeier" wrote:

> Are these linked tables? it sounds like you are using linked
> tables and didn't indicate the unique identifier for the
> tables when you linked them.
> -Sue
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 06:18:03 -0700, Leo Ruiz <Leo
> Ruiz@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>
|||Sue, never mind my statement below. Got it to work.
You still rock! Thanks again
"Leo Ruiz" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> That certainly did the trick! You rock Sue!
> HOWEVER - now that I'm able to update my tables thru Access, the changes I
> make do not refresh in SQL Analyser immediatly. As a matter of fact, I can
> only see the changes once I close SQL and re-open it.
> I've seen this interaction before so I know it can happen. The only
> difference is that my peers have their MS Access interface set up as a
> project (.adp) file and their tables do not seem to be linked. (Globe icon
> next to each table)
> You've been a great help! Thanks in advance for your time.
> Leo
> "Sue Hoegemeier" wrote:
|||MDB is obsolete; you should just use Access Data Projects
"Leo Ruiz" <Leo Ruiz@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C1370BA6-9EB4-4A5E-A4CB-B8179D22D3C5@.microsoft.com...
> Although it appears my ODBC connection between my SQL Server tables and MS
> Access was successful; I cannot modify any of them through MS Access. I do
> have full rights to the SQL Tables and the connection was built
appropiatly.
> Other users are able to read and write using the same connection settings.
> Please help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment